I hope you have some fun testing your knowledge in this festive nutrition quiz! You’ll find the answers at the bottom of the page.
c) Omega-3 fatty acids
a) 5-6 hours
b) up to 4 days
c) 24 hours
a) 3 medium roast potatoes
b) 3 heaped tablespoons of carrots
c) 1 satsuma
a) The roots
b) The seeds
c) The bark
b) Red bush
1. a) sprouts – boiled sprouts have 62mg vitamin C per 100g compared with 26.7mg for tangerines and 13 mg in fresh cranberries.
2. c) Turkey is a rich source of the amino acid tryptophan, which is converted into the mood boosting neurotransmitter, serotonin.
3. b) Hungary
4. a) Fibre
5. b) Up to 4 days, according to the Food Standards Agency
6. b) 3 heaped tablespoons of carrots; potatoes don’t count as a portion and you’d need 2 satsumas to count as a portion of fruit
7. c) the bark
8 a) Derbyshire. Stilton has protected status and can only be made in the counties of Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and Leicestershire.
9. c) Fennel is known for its soothing properties